Sunday, September 23, 2012

Outdoor Afro Recon II to Eno River State Park

On Wednesday I made my second Hike recon for an Outdoor Afro hike. I've really liked Jordan Lake, however, I wanted a free hike and the entrance fee for that park as $6. Fine for a family, but kind of steep for a single person for a couple of hours.

Anyway, I very much enjoyed to the Eno River State park and I've set the date for Saturday, October 20 at 10:00 AM.  It is an almost 4 mile hike and there is the option of adding another mile loop if we're feeling it.

Here are some views from the trip.




 
 The main entrance to the Park is at the end of Cole Mill road in Durham. The road dead ends at this sign and there is parking just past this point.


We'll take the Cox Mountain trail, which is more like a  large hill.




Suspension Bridge Over the Eno River
 





First Uphill - About a half a mile long



 
View to the South towards Hillsboro
At the Bottom of the Ravine
Along the Eno River

Taz Drooling over my Keen's, wishing she had two pair!




 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Beky, I need you to send me your mailing address so that I can send you your Stash Bee blocks. I can't get into the file that Danny sent us. Sorry...this is the only way to contact you.
    I enjoyed your blocks....made you 3.
    spinthebobbin at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete